Director, International Sales
Location: United States
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Director, International Sales to join our team in a remote setting.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Director, International Sales, you have responsibility for Batesville deathcare products outside the United States and Canada. Sales channels include local sales offices, direct sales, distributorships, and partnerships.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, develop and direct all aspects of the company’s international sales.
- Responsible for managing the P&L for the international segment and be able to forecast and adjust business operations as required.
- Develop and execute growth-oriented strategies using a scalable organizational model to drive revenue outside the US and Canada, including evaluating opportunities for international expansion into new geographies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (such as finance, marketing, supply chain, legal and human resources) to optimize the P&L.
- Grow and retain accounts by developing relationships and by using a consultative selling process.
- Represents Batesville at national and international industry conferences.
- Utilize CRM and other technologies to manage the international segment.
- Fully understand applicable international laws and adhere to company policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years related sales and marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of driving top line growth and managing business operations and P&L.
- Experience in managing significant organizational and cultural change.
- International travel required, approximately 25-40%. Valid passport with no restrictions to global travel.
- A self-motivated entrepreneurial attitude with strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, along with the ability to work on Eastern Time zone.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience using a CRM system to manage customer relationships and sales activities.
Nice to Haves:
- Proven track record of developing and successfully implementing an international growth strategy.
- Experience leading an international region including business development and product/service delivery operations preferably in deathcare or related field.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.