Location: United States
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our team remotely.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and supporting all business-critical network and voice services across the enterprise. The primary role of this position is to provide leadership, design, implementation, upgrade, and maintenance services related to the following specialized areas: Switching/Routing, VPN, Firewall, SDWAN, Data, and Voice. This position is the subject matter expert for these areas and possesses an in-depth technical understanding of the Batesville IT infrastructure.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Research and maintain knowledge in assigned technical areas.
- Troubleshoot and resolve expert-level problems independently.
- Assist with information security and processes.
- Perform as technical lead on medium to large sized projects.
- Participate in projects of various complexity and length.
- Provide after-hours on-call support.
- Monitor, review, support, and maintain data and voice networks.
- Build and maintain working relationships with business users, technical team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Design and document technical architecture and processes.
- Provide consultation and architect solutions for business and technical challenges.
- Design and implement complex VLAN, IT/OT, voice, SDWAN and network solutions, using a variety of technologies (e.g., HP, Aruba, CheckPoint).
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in computer science or related degree.
- Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in information technology.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Entry-level project management skills as a technical lead required.
Nice to Haves:
Intermediate to expert skills in the following:
- Switching/Routing (HPE Aruba preferred)
- Internet Routing
- Firewalls (Checkpoint preferred)
- VPN (Pulse preferred)
- Voice (Cisco, Genesys, and Teams preferred)
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.