Regional Logistics Manager
Location: Memphis, TN, USA
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Regional Logistics Manager to join our team in Memphis, TN.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Regional Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations (distribution, transportation, manufacturing) and continual improvement of the 24-hour Regional Distribution facility: including performance metrics, developing talent, and sizing the organization appropriately to meet the market opportunity.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Directly lead, develop, and supervise CSC/RDC (Customer Service Center/Regional Distribution Center) employees utilizing Human Resources processes, including training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; making recommendations for promotion, demotion, hiring, termination and administering appropriate rewards and discipline; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
- Accountable for CSC/RDC operational performance and completion of policy deployment, root cause and countermeasure analysis.
- Implement a high standard of customer service in the areas of order entry, dispatch, and customer problem solving.
- Develop strategies to improve operations and inventory efficiencies at the CSC/RDC level.
- Responsible for adherence to governmental regulations.
- Effectively route trucks utilizing company software.
- Implement freedom to lead and safety per the company's guiding principles.
- Develop and conduct ongoing training in the areas of health, safety, phone skills, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Responsible for the execution of product recalls and field quality repairs.
- Work with Sales Managers to control the cost of special deliveries.
- Provide input for the annual budget for the distribution/customer service center.
- Ensure the appropriate interaction and coordination with sales, customers, RDC managers, and home office.
- Responsible for the achievement and reduction of cost per delivered unit and hours per unit measured as well as protection of company assets such as inventory, purchase cards, fuel cards, etc.
- Responsible for implementation of market strategies and the "profitable customer and product" philosophy at the local level.
- Ensure that the RDC/CSC maintains and projects an image to the industry consistent with the company's expectations of professionalism and truck/driver appearance.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to improve company performance.
- Provide input regarding market needs as they relate to distribution and service.
- Understand competition in the market, analyzing strengths and weaknesses and seeking out opportunities.
- Must be able to travel <30 % of the time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics preferred; and a minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in Logistics.
- Intermediate to expert leadership skills
- Ability to boost team morale, mentor and create a positive environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Order Management Software
- Quality Assurance
- Time management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Expert customer service orientation
- Expert verbal and written communication
- Positive attitude and team player
- Attention to safety and detail
- Intermediate knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA rules and regulations
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working directly with company commercial truck drivers
- Experience with multi-stop driver routing and dispatch using software
- Charismatic and coaching style management
- Hands on experience with hiring, and employee performance reviews
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 50 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.