Sales Account Executive
Location: Manchester, TN 37355, USA
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team in Middle Tennessee.
Your Role at Batesville:
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for serving our customers in Middle Tennessee. This position presents, supports, and sells products and services for Batesville to Funeral Home clients within the defined territory. At Batesville, our sales professionals act as true consultants by partnering with customers to help them define their goals, blending strategic insights, creativity, and business acumen to overcome their business challenges. Our approach is built on creating trusted relationships with our customers, understanding the value of what we provide through their experience, and offering solutions that strengthen our businesses together.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Promotes and sells products and services within an assigned geographic area to prospective and existing customer accounts to achieve sales targets.
- Identifies customer needs using effective selling practices, exploratory information gathering, analytical skills and empathetic listening; Negotiates prices and delivery times within limits of authority; Resolves client issues as they arise directly and/or by coordinating with other functional areas of the organization.
- Actively maintains customer call planning system to effectively service accounts and build consultative relationships using strategic prioritization and organizational management; Maintains current files for each and all clients within the assigned territory noting key personnel, relevant sales documents, and appropriate notes of activities with the client.
- Effectively uses computer skills to analyze, update and implement organization sales plans and merchandising programs.
- Establishes and maintains productive communications with corporate office staff and field-based logistics and support personnel.
- Provides written and verbal reports to the Regional Sales Director on relevant performance and market information as directed.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Leads collection efforts as needed.
- Participates in and attends client association meetings as appropriate and directed by the Regional Sales Director.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university.
- 3 years' field sales experience minimum, 5 years preferred, of related sales experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
Nice to Haves:
- Dependable, honest, quick learner, excellent communication skills and team player.
- Experience utilizing CRM reporting.
- Comfortable presenting in group setting.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.