Service Inspector/Junior Truck Technician
Location: Manchester, TN 37355, USA
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking an Entry Level Service Inspector/Junior Truck Technician to join our team in Manchester, TN.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Service Inspector/Junior Truck Technician, you must be flexible and willing to do many tasks in or around the garage. This includes driving class 8 trucks, hooking trailers together and washing all types of equipment. Also, this position requires daily house cleaning duties and attention to safety and OSHA guidelines. This position requires that the employee be certified on PM’s and on brake inspections that meet DOT requirements. The position requires that the employee has some ability of understanding to minor mechanical repairs and that the person can obtain a valid commercial driver’s license.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Trailer and dolly service lane inspection
- Trailer and dolly PMs (Preventive Maintenance)
- Light to moderate mechanical repairs on both power and non-power equipment
- Use of computer diagnostic equipment
- Wash and fuel all pieces of equipment
- Receive fuel drops and document per EPA guidelines
- Drive and hook doubles together.
- Interact with and gather information from drivers about equipment problems and concerns (Review Trailer EDVIRs)
- Perform all house cleaning duties
- Other duties may be assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledge of class 6, 7 and 8 trucks and trailers
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Basic computer skills
- Professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Diligent attention to safety
- Diligent attention to detail
- Team player
Nice to Haves:
- Diploma or Degree from a technical college/program
- Certified Annual Vehicle Inspector
- Qualified brake inspector through a reputable organization
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Two years previous truck/trailer inspections
- ASE Preventive Maintenance certification
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 50 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.