Options Technician (Part-time)
Location: Kutztown, PA 19530, USA
Driven to be the best. At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, our focus lies in delivering meaningful solutions to help families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Digital Engraver/Options Technician (part-time) to join our team in Kutztown, PA.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Digital Engraver/Options Technician, you will be responsible for receiving orders for Options Products (urns) to be shipped directly to funeral homes, some personalized via the use of an engraving machine and others non-personalized.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on Bonus
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Engrave urns and caskets based on custom orders using CNC engraving machines (Laser or mechanical engravings, or sand blasting).
- Assist with shipping and receiving of the Options Department.
- Inspect urns to ensure they meet exceptional quality standards.
- Maintain accurate order fulfillment and inventory control.
- Complete general administrative and warehouse duties as directed.
- Maintain and troubleshoot engraving equipment.
- Maintain all daily reports and reporting collectively as a group.
- Interact and communicate with Batesville-based Options associates and Options customers.
- Maintain compliance with monthly and quarterly training.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 3 years related work experience and/or training
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Be able to make quality judgments and handle all inventory issues, poor quality, correct inventory counts.
- Ability to calculate basic math such as proportions, area, and circumference
- Ability to read reports and conduct business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information to managers and lead associates
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of programs such as Coral Draw 10.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.