Ecommerce Systems Analyst
Location: United States
Driven to be the best. At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, our focus lies in delivering meaningful solutions to help families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking an Ecommerce Systems Analyst to join our team in remotely.
Your Role at Batesville:
As an Ecommerce Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating the needs of our business partners and developing and implementing solutions utilizing various ecommerce-based technology solutions in a microservices architecture that align with our organization’s development standards. This individual will partner with various users in the business and IT organizations to gather and analyze requirements, design solutions to meet defined specifications, and develop and maintain software and solutions based on defined specifications. This individual will participate in various technology projects and will lead project workstreams as required.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and maintain multiple applications within the ecommerce architecture that support business and customer needs and adhere to coding standards and best design practices.
- Participate in various technical projects and lead projects workstreams as required while adhering to the systems development lifecycle and utilizing various project management tools.
- Partner with third-party vendors to maintain and manage supplementary software solutions.
- Partner with business associates to define and document robust business requirements, functional specifications, and test plans for new applications and software.
- Partner with business associates to define and maintain documentation and procedures for various software and solutions as needed.
- Partner with the ecommerce support team and serve as an escalation point to provide technical analysis to solve daily operational issues.
- Partner with internal IT associates to lead efforts to grow application monitoring capabilities.
- Apply change management principles when implementing or modifying applications or processes.
- Participate in the planning, development and maintenance of the organization’s application and technology roadmap to ensure we are utilizing the latest available technologies and solutions to best serve the needs of our business.
- Participate in the periodic review of the organization’s ecommerce application stack to ensure solutions continue to meet the needs of the business and adhere to design and architectural standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field of study; and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming methodology and concepts with an emphasis on web-based programming concepts in a microservice architecture and ecommerce platform applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of front-end web development.
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems including JD Edwards.
- Intermediate knowledge of agile development methods.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with both business and technical skill sets are required.
Nice to Haves:
- Intermediate knowledge with SAP Commerce Cloud or SAP Hybris.
- Intermediate knowledge of front-end web development WordPress and React.
- Intermediate knowledge of Java back-end architecture.
- Intermediate knowledge of relational database architecture and tools including SQL Server and general PL/SQL concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of project management toolsets and concepts including knowledge of project and portfolio management (PPM) solutions.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.