Corporate Accounting Manager
Location: United States
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our team in Batesville, IN. This position is open to fully remote or hybrid with remote and onsite.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Corporate Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. This position will assist in planning, organizing, and optimizing our accounting processes, including internal controls, timely financial closes, and compliance with internal and US GAAP standards.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department through supervising, delegating, and participating in accounting tasks, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger functions.
- Supervise and support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closes, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reporting packages, statements, and footnotes.
- Develop accurate and comprehensive standard documentation for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual processes and procedures.
- Maintenance of the general ledger, including intercompany and consolidations.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing internal controls, accounting methods, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate and interpret US GAAP standards and internal controls and policies to internal customers to ensure they know their roles and responsibilities in maintaining a strong accounting environment.
- Research complex accounting transactions and prepare technical accounting memos with particular focus on acquisitions and revenue recognition.
- Stay up to date on new accounting pronouncements and relevant US GAAP issues to assist in evaluating the impacts to the company as well as collaborate across functions on the implementation of new or upgraded technology solutions.
- Assist with completing the year-end audit.
- Focus on process improvements, opportunities for automation, and audit risk reduction and foster employee development and growth through training and mentoring.
- Supervisory responsibilities for direct reports in accordance with the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct, and applicable laws. This includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in accounting; and a minimum of 5 years related progressive public or industry accounting experience and/or training.
- Licensed CPA
- Employee must be able to travel 10 % of the time.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and financial acumen.
- Commitment to development of internal and external relationships.
- Work day-to-day tasks independently with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex accounting guidance.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management, Excel, and problem-solving skills.
- A hands-on self-starter with a focus on process improvement, idea generation, and technological enhancements.
- Demonstrated good communication skills with a focus on customer service while maintaining policy controls.
- Collaborative and team oriented; ability to work with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
Nice to Haves:
- Preference given to public company accounting experience in manufacturing companies.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.