Customer Service Representative
Location: United States
Driven to be the best. At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, our focus lies in delivering meaningful solutions to help families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our team.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Customer Service Representative, you will receive in-depth product, process and system training, as well as problem solving and communication skills to add to your valuable competencies. We work as team to provide exceptional customer service, support each other, and continually improve what we do. We also have multiple role advancement opportunities within our team. You can work from home with a remote team, or in our Batesville, IN corporate office – either way our team thrives on collaboration and values your input.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- After training, you will be an agent within our world-class contact center system and ready to help our funeral director customers: Solve timely and critical problems, provide detailed product and services information so they can assist their families, and place product orders to arrive timely and accurately.
- You will create valuable relationships and build trust with repeat B2B customers.
- You will partner with our field service and sales teams to make sure our Batesville Team always delivers the best service in the industry.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment, but we will first prepare you to efficiently to help with each customer interaction.
- As a team we provide service 7 days a week and evenings, but we try to match up the business needs with your individual preferences and think creatively to create working shifts that work for you. There are options to work 4 days per week.
- While we have many opportunities for growth within the department, we ideally are looking for new team members that can stay in our department for a minimal of 3 years before moving on to other roles, hopefully within our great.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years related experience in customer service.
Nice to Haves:
- Team player and service mindset.
- Relationship building communication skills.
- Effective at learning and organizing information.
- Skills and a mindset to solve problems & deliver WOW service.
- Adaptability and ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.