Director of Digital Products
Location: United States
At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, we are committed to our mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Director of Digital Products to join our team. This position is fully remote.
Your Role at Batesville:
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to spearhead the development and implementation of innovative funeral home and cemetery technology products. As a Director of Digital Products, you will have the unique opportunity to blend tradition with cutting-edge technology, shaping the future of our company and the industry. This role will support the creation of our strategy and execute against the product marketing plans related to digital products that support Funeral Home and cemetery business operations. This position will lead the teams responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining our technology offering to meet our emerging and dynamic external customer needs. This position will be responsible for the overall strategy of all product platforms and integrated offerings by developing products and tactics to capitalize on our market potential and to meet revenue and profitability objectives. This leader will advance our current applications, drive synergies across and create new applications that keep us on the leading edge of the funeral industry.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Leader of our funeral home technology business leading business strategic planning and execution, aligning it with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement long-term roadmap and drive strategic product marketing plans including scan of the competitive environment, ideation, funeral home product strategies while maximizing EBITDA and impact.
- Identify and prioritize the needs of our customer and their families; through audience insights, segmentation, competitive intelligence, market research, and analysis; to generate products and features to fit emerging customer and family needs.
- Act as business liaison to create/execute business strategy, vision, and application roadmap aligning future state business process and technology across all funeral home technology product platforms and integration partners; maintain role clarity between sub-teams and team members as technologies, tools, and techniques change across the digital marketing, product development, and platform management systems landscape.
- Partner with the IT teams to support building product life cycle include leading requirements gathering to translate business requirements to work with IT team on technical requirements.
- Identify new opportunities to generate demand, drive conversion and/or create quality engagement and monetization across funeral technology platforms.
- Provide strategic input to guide marketing and sales activities to develop impactful, successful launch and adoption strategies for digital products and ecommerce products.
- Participate as key member of Marketing leadership team to develop and implement annual business plan including platform strategy, operating expense, and to meet EBITDA goals across the entire Batesville organization.
- Work along slide IT leaders to develop integrated systems that meet customer expectations with scalable deployment and support organization that ensures a successful customer experience leading to long-term partnerships with key customers.
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct, and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Business, Technology, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in digital tools, eCommerce product marketing and/or technology marketing experience.
- Advanced business acumen with minimum of 7 years’ experience with technology-based products.
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time.
- Data-driven with advanced analytical acumen and the ability to effectively analyze data, translate to insights to action and present to an executive audience.
- Deep experience in Product Marketing, Marketing Strategy, GTM execution, Digital Products, eCommerce, Partnerships and Pricing
- Experience developing impactful, successful launch and adoption strategies for digital products and ecommerce products.
- A growth mindset with a keen ability to problem-solving in an ever-changing industry.
- Advanced experience leading large cross-functional projects with great complexity and scope while consistently executing on time in a pressure driven environment.
- Build and defend a strong internal team culture through vision-casting, communication, and advocacy.
- The ability to build and lead cross-functionally with Technology/Product & Data teams, creating a strong culture of communication and collaboration.
Nice to Haves:
- Intermediate experience with change/incident/problem management concepts.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience defining customer gaps and solutions to address them.
- Ability to train/manage/lead/understand LEAN or CI activities and initiatives.
- Intermediate experience negotiating/establishing third party relationships.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.