Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
Location: United States
Driven to be the best. At Batesville, you will be a part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and innovation. A recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, our focus lies in delivering meaningful solutions to help families honor the lives of those they love®. We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence to join our team.
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for leading the data analysis center of excellence. This role will play a crucial role in driving data-driven decision-making within the organization. You will be responsible for collecting, analyzing., and transforming data into actionable insights that will enable our company to make informed strategic and operational decisions.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay.
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off.
- Opportunities for development and advancement.
What You’ll Do:
- Data Collection & Analysis: Gather, clean, and validate data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and external data providers. Perform in-depth data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and outliers. Develop and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes to ensure data accuracy and availability.
- Report Generation & Visualization: Create clear and concise reports, dashboards, and data visualizations to communicate key insights to stakeholders. Utilized BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, or similar) to design and develop interactive dashboards. Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to support decision-making across the organization.
- Data Modeling & Forecasting: Build predictive and prescriptive models to forecast future trends, identify opportunities and mitigate risks. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and refine forecasting models based on business needs.
- Business Insights: Collaborate closely with business leaders to understand their data needs and provide actionable insights to drive strategic initiatives. Conduct deep-dive analyses to answer specific business questions and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Data Governance & Quality Assurance: Ensure data accuracy, integrity, and consistency by implementing data quality standards and governance practices. Develop and maintain documentation for data sources, definitions, and transformations.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in business intelligence and analytics.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with teams across the organization, including Marketing, Sales, Finance & Operations, to gather data requirements and deliver insights.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Employee must be able to travel 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in statistics, data science, finance, or related field; and a minimum of 3 years related data analytics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in data analytics.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret financial data and trends.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain financial information to non-financial.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.