Director, Business Intelligence
Location: Batesville, IN 47006, USA
Driven to be the best. At Batesville you will be part of a diverse culture to solve unique industry challenges, provides exceptional service and help meet the needs of families in communities nationwide. Batesville is looking for a Director, Business Intelligence to join our team in a hybrid setting (within commuting distance of Batesville, IN).
Your Role at Batesville:
As a Director, Business Intelligence you will be responsible for leading the data analysis center of excellence. This includes leading a cross-functional team to establish and sustain the framework and data governance structure, utilizing standard tools to summarize data, and providing financial insights and analysis to stakeholders in support of decision-making.
How You’ll be Rewarded:
- Batesville is a family. You will be part of a family of highly committed associates who are passionate about our company, committed to our customers and excited about our future.
- Competitive pay
- IMMEDIATE ELIGIBILITY – Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as prescription coverage, short-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
- Generous 401K Matching Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a center of excellence for business intelligence that will evolve from standard reporting and dashboards to machine learning & predictive analytics.
- Assess the current technology and determine whether it can be leveraged and build a long-term technology strategy that is a part of the roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally to improve reporting for the business to support better decision making.
- Works to provide one source of the truth when there are conflicting numbers.
- Develop a training program to allow associates to enjoy self-service into the data warehouse.
- Lead a cross-functional team to establish and sustain a data governance structure, including a data dictionary that defines all data fields, their sources, and meanings.
- Collaborates with business leaders to improve financial performance and support strategic initiatives.
- Develops and maintains financial models to support strategic decision-making.
- Analyze financial data and trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with technology to ensure data is cleansed before being included in the data warehouse.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, tools, and best practices.
- Work closely with FP&A to ensure data is consistent between the 2 groups.
- Directly supervises a small team of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in accounting, finance, or statistical analysis; and a minimum of 5-7 years related data analytics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in data analytics.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret financial data and trends.
- Intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and statistical modeling software
- Experience with JDE, Oracle & Cognos could be helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to navigate between competing priorities, quickly identify and manage prioritization, be able to meet business deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch, or lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. This job may require the employee to see with clarity at both near and far distances.
Join the Batesville family and apply today!
Who We Are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 115 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset. We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
What Sets Us Apart:
Making a difference: Helping families honor the lives of those they love® isn’t just our mission. It’s why we do what we do every day to make every Batesville product the best it can be.
Development is a priority: We promote learning and development from Day 1. From our Experience Batesville onboarding program to self-guided courses on Batesville University, there are numerous opportunities to advance your skills. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career-focused discussions and advancement.
Putting customers first: We value the funeral professional’s role in serving families and are committed to doing our part to ensure their success.
We Have Fun! We work hard, but when it’s time to play, we get creative – and competitive. We provide numerous engagement activities to bring people together across the organization.
We Give Back: We support our communities by assisting in fundraising events and volunteer programs to help those in need. *These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
DISCLAIMER: The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.